Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm Sick Of It

I'm Sick Of It

I'm sick of the world trying to tell me what I should or shouldn't eat. I'm also sick of people telling me that sugar is bad and all these artificial sweeteners are good.

BLECH!

If Splenda, Equal or whatever were so fantastic, why do they leave such a lovely aftertaste in my mouth, thus making me want to grab a bag of chips or anything just to get rid of the taste.

Its the same with people that go on and on about eggs. I don't mind egg beaters for scrambled eggs, but please, I would rather have bamboo shoots rammed under my fingernails than eat a poached egg white.

YUCK!

Ever have one of those Jimmy Dean De-lites? Seriously, toss the egg in the trash and eat the sandwich with just the turkey sausage. The egg is too painful. Microwave it a second too long and its like eating rubber and who wants to do that?

I do my best to eat healthy but there are times when I want REAL FOOD, because, see, I like food. I enjoy eating. Yes, that's why I have a little pudge. At this point I'm thinking I'll just live with it, because I become way too cranky when I have to diet.

Food is my friend, but health food is my enemy.

What can't stuff that's good for us be tasty? I can count on my hand the number of "good for you foods that I actually like."

Grrrrrr.

Have any of you guessed I'm trying to diet and am failing miserably?

No comments: