Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shark Jumping?

Shark Jumping?

Big Bang Theory is one of my absolute favorite comedies. I love the geekiness of the guys especially Sheldon. Which is why it pains me that the show is heading toward the shark, ready to jump right on over it.

As with any show that's premise involves one character crushing on another. In this case a geek, Leonard (though the more normal of the bunch) and their blonde beautiful neighbor, Penny. So with the start of series 3, the Leonard/Penny shippers rejoice as the two get it together.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Not that I don't love the characters, because they are great, but something feels lost to me now that they are together. (At least for the time being)

Is this how they plan on keeping the viewers the show gained since switching to the later time? I hope not. I'm not all for the Penny/Leonard lovefest, much as I wasn't for the lovefest they gave him for a few epis last season. Not that Leonard doesn't need love too, but still, it just takes away from the original plot when Leonard gets what he wants.

I remember another show that I loved from the 90s, Caroline In The City. When Caroline started dating her crazy geeky assistant, Richard, the show started to go downhill fast. That's what I'm worried about here.

I guess its just that I think it would be great to have one show that's focus is more on fun than on romantic relationships, even if they are goofy ones.

I'm nowhere near ready to give up on the show, but I do hope they don't wreck the show with the whole hookup thing.

No comments: